My Psychology Hypertext Narrative

Psychology.

Psychology.

A hypertext narrative by

Maude Labonté

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 1242

Choice count: 38

Section count: 23

Image count: 23

Error count: 0

Field Related Analysis:

Education : 21 matches (School, choice, college, degree, doctorate, don, learn, learning, level, master's degree, primary school, private, research, school, school psychologist, social, teachers, test, trainee, training, university)

Nursing : 13 matches (cancer, chemotherapy, test, environment, foot, Health, position, psychologist, psychology, SAD, social, treatment, sick)

Law/Paralegal-Technology : 12 matches (children, driving, family, Local, master, office, pension, private, profession, test, witness, young)

Target Structure:

a foot in the door (2 matches)

drawback (1 match)

getting sucked up in (1 match)

ins-and-outs (1 match)

intern (1 match)

internship (5 matches)

learn the ropes (1 match)

more often than not (1 match)

office politics (1 match)

OJT (2 matches)

on-the-job-training (1 match)

pension (3 matches)

retirement (2 matches)

set aside (3 matches)

trainee (1 match)

undermine (2 matches)

vacant position (2 matches)

wage (1 match)

withholding (1 match)

Next

Psychology.

Start at the beginning.

I'm studying Social Science at Montmorency College. I think I would like to be a psychologist but I'm confused. I'm in my last year of study at Montmorency College but I'm not sure at which university I want to study.

Choice 1 : Go to the University of Montreal.

Choice 2 : Go to the University of Quebec in Montreal.

Montmorency College

Go to the University of Montreal.

I am happy to have been admitted to the University of Montreal. The teachers are very professionals and interesting. I love my Psychology program and it's finally time for internships. I'm so excited.

Choice 1 : I choose to do my internship with a psychologist in a school environment.

Choice 2 : I choose to do my internship with a private practicing psychologist.

University of Montreal

Go to the University of Quebec in Montreal.

I hate my teachers. They are not interesting.

Choice 1 : I'm dropping school.

Choice 2 : Anyway, I continue my studies until the doctorate and I become a school psychologist.

University of Quebec in Montreal

I choose to do my internship with a psychologist in a school environment.

I love my internship with a school psychologist. I like to come and handy to young people. Also, I learn the ropes of this job and I'm already passionate about it. Test driving this job was awesome.

Choice 1 : I am starting a foot in the door as a school psychologist.

Choice 2 : I decide to specialize in psychology in a school environment at the master's level.

School psychologist

I choose to do my internship with a private practicing psychologist.

I am hating the job of a private psychologist. Being an intern and getting overwhelmed in this profession allowed me to understand that is not for me.

Choice 1 : I don't want to become a private psychologist.

Private psychologist

I am starting a foot in the door as a school psychologist.

I begin on-the-job-training with the school psychologist from a primary school. I really like this job, but the school psychologist is very selfish. She hinders a little bit the well-being of the children she consults. She uses office politics more often than not for having more time at home. She doesn't work all the hours she should do. I am a witness to this, so I am getting sucked up in the situation. What should I do?

Choice 1 : I'm withholding the situation and I continue my learning with her. I became a school psychologist after all of my studies, and she helped my CV.

Choice 2 : I denounce the situation and undermine things that happened.

Office politics

I decide to specialize in psychology in a school environment at the master's level.

I complete my master's degree in Psychology. What should I do next?

Choice 1 : I go to work in psychological research.

Choice 2 : I decide to do my doctorate in Psychology to become a school psychologist.

Psychology

I denounce the situation and undermine things that happened.

I decide to speak to the school administration to denounce the school psychologist. She was fired. This was the best ins-and-outs. So, I replaced the school psychologist while waiting for the school to find a new one because there is a vacant position. However, I am only a trainee in OJT. There is a drawback, I am not fully equipped to help children properly. I am doing my best. Also, my wage has to increase even if my studies are not yet finished and I'm very happy. Where will this situation take me?

Choice 1 : After several months, they found no one to replace the school psychologist.

Choice 2 : They found someone to replace her quickly and I'm going back to school full time to do my masters because I love this OJT and I want to specialize

Denounce

After several months, they found no one to replace the school psychologist.

The school offered me to finish mu studies and fill the vacant position. What should I do?

Choice 1 : I finish my studies and take the job.

Choice 2 : I quit the job and go back full-time to study to do my master's degree.

Vacant position

I finish my studies and take the job.

I am happy to keep the relationship with my colleagues.

Choice 1 : I do this job for the rest of my career.

relationship with my colleagues

I go to work in psychological research.

I discover psychological research and I love it.

Choice 1 : I do this job for the rest of my career.

Psychological research

I decide to do my doctorate in Psychology to become a school psychologist.

After several years of study, I finally got my doctorate in school psychology.

Choice 1 : I am becoming a school psychologist and I love it.

Graduation

I do this job for the rest of my career.

I loved my career and at 60 years old it's time to retire.

Choice 1 : I take my retirement.

60

My retirement.

What to do when I retire?

Choice 1 : I live with the help of my set aside and the pension.

Choice 2 : I open a small restaurant because it was my childhood dream.

Retirement

I live with the help of my set aside and the pension.

I'm okay financially, but I watch my money.

Choice 1 : I enjoyed all the time with my friends and my family and I die happy.

Friends and family

I open a small restaurant because it was my childhood dream.

I work hard but I love to make my dream come true. I have a lot of money.

Choice 1 : However, I don't see my family and my friends very much. I die alone and sad.

Small restaurant

I am becoming a school psychologist and I love it.

I have had a great career, but now, I have health problems and I have to retire.

Choice 1 : I live with the help of my set aside and the pension.

Choice 2 : I quickly fall very, very sick.

School psychologist

I quickly fall very, very sick.

They found me with a terminal cancer.

Choice 1 : After two weeks, I die of my cancer.

Choice 2 : I do chemotherapy treatment for 3 months.

Sick

I do chemotherapy treatment for 3 months.

After 3 months, I stop the treatments.

Choice 1 : I die 4 days after the end of the treatments.

Choice 2 : I die happy two years after the end of my treatments surrounded by my family and my friends.

Chemotherapy

I'm dropping school.

I don't go to school anymore, what I should do with my future?

Choice 1 : I become a janitor in a primary school and I do this all my life.

Choice 2 : I become a cashier at the local grocery store.

?

I become a janitor in a primary school and I do this all my life.

I do this all my life but I'm not particularly happy.

Choice 1 : I retire at 60 years old.

Choice 2 : It's my job until I have to stop because I'm too sick.

Janitor

I become a cashier at the local grocery store.

I've been doing this job all my life and I don't really like it.

Choice 1 : It's my job until I have to stop because I'm too sick.

Choice 2 : I retire at 60 years old.

Cashier

It's my job until I have to stop because I'm too sick.

I couldn't work properly anymore.

Choice 1 : I quickly fall very, very sick.

Sick

Comments